Friday, May 2, 2014

The Sony A7. And the HITS JUST KEEP ON COMIN''

The Sony A7. And the HITS JUST KEEP ON COMIN'
The toughest part of having a Blog is just keeping the "posts" current. How many blogs do you come across that show the latest post dated over 1 year ago. I know that when I look through the archive history of Cineblax, I see many many spots where I haven't posted for many months. In fact the last post I did about the Digital Bolex is dated "Sunday, September 22, 2013". Here is what amazes me: Whenever I tell someone (a friend or acquaintance) about my Cineblax Blog, I tell them the story from my "about me" header (directly to the right) and how I took the advice about my screenwriting and applied to this Blog. The part that amazes me, is that my statement (from over 2 years ago)about how the main theme of the Cineblax Blog is how you can now take a $1000 camera and make a movie that can rival "the look of a Hollywood blockbuster" still feels like I could of written it yesterday. The only difference is that the $1000 camera just keeps getting better and better! I was having a lunch time discussion about Digital Cameras and how Filmmaking is my PASSION with a co-worker and I of course took the opportunity to try and recruit another reader for my blog. I found myself singing the praises of another new amazing Digital Video Camera that shoots images that are absolutely Beautiful! That camera is the new Sony A7. This is the first mirrorless camera with a full-frame 35mm sensor, in a body that is much smaller than a DSLR. At $1700 (for the body only), the Sony A7 seems a little expensive, but when you really look at what your getting, I think it's a BARGIN! Forking over $1700 for the A7 seems like a lot, but it's around the same as the cheapest new full-frame DSLRs like the Canon 6D or Nikon D600. This small mirrorless camera has interchangeable lens. Put on a nice Voigtländer 40mm f/1.4 NOKTON Classic lens ($414 at Adoramaa) and you have a full 35mm sensor camera with a beautiful small lens that fits in the palm of your hand. This was shot by Steve Huff with the A7

No comments: